Network Engineer II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Infrastructure & Research Computing
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Network Engineer II, under general direction, performs complex
and non-routine specialized network engineering functions, such as
troubleshooting, analysis, research, and problem-solving. Reporting
to the Manager of Network Services, the Network Engineer II
routinely serves as technical advisor for network engineering
projects and services. This position provides technical advice for
the design, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the network
infrastructure and enterprise network solutions. This position
requires knowledge of network hardware, security, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi,
internet, Data Center, and VoIP solutions.
Administer Campus Enterprise Network
- Administer and maintain LAN, WAN, and Data Center equipment to
ensure maximum availability.
- Administer and maintain next generation firewalls and VPN
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of network security in
collaboration with the Office of Information Security.
- Review security alerts, works with vendors on security
vulnerabilities, and applies updates to network equipment.
- Serve as an intermediate member of the Network Services team
and assist co-workers with technical direction.
Strategic Planning and Documentation
- Implement and assist with design of activities for complex,
- Review network design plans.
- Work with the Manager of Network Services and Network Engineer
III on network designs. Reviews construction blueprints.
- Work with the Project Management Team and attends construction
meetings as needed.
- Design, engineer, and manage complex system related
communication and routing protocols.
- Research new technologies to automate processes, improve
efficiencies, and heighten security.
- Create and maintain designs, plans, maps, methods, procedures,
problems, and repairs.
- Facilitate input from clients, contractors, and vendors to plan
for large and complex networking projects.
- Meet with vendors to review latest technology and road
- Assist manager and Network Engineer III with developing work
plans and time schedules for projects including outlining phases,
identifying personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Complete reports and summaries for management and/or users
including status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, and
system utilization reports.
- Participate in training and professional development
- Assume responsibilities of Network Engineer III in his/her
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to federal law on deemed export controls, it is not
possible to petition for an H1B work authorization. Applicants must
be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, and ITAR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, Network Administration, Cyber Security, or related
- Three (3) years of directly related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered as
- High School Diploma and seven (7) years of experience OR
- Associate degree and five (5) years of experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of experience OR
- Master's degree and one (1) year of experience
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless, firewalls,
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other
programs used to create network diagrams.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and
- Ability to work some nights, weekends, and holidays as
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CWNA, or other industry recognized
professional level certification related in applicable field.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and project and operations
- Industry related skills to include knowledge of the IT industry
and trends, knowledge of IT security regulations, and proficiency
with the Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL).
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Network-Engineer-II_R-043762-1