Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a
nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we
model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity,
equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of
transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in
global citizens. We are compassionate with our students,
colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of
learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives,
people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of
LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam
Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual
Communication and Information Technology workforce training
programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and
Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic
and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Location address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the
learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement
of the course objectives and contribute to the educational
environment of the college and the community. Primary
responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the
curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a
semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the
System. Lone Star College accepts application material year-round
from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We
offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at
various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule,
adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Teaches Information Technology (SAP) courses at a variety of
times and locations
- Creates engaging lessons that promote student involvement and
application of the material.
- Submits required college reports and forms in a timely
- Utilizes a course syllabus and course plan for each course,
following established institutional guidelines
- Meets with and advises students either before or after class or
by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving
course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues,
and the community
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as
- Mastery of course content
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Style that emphasizes
collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
- Commitment to diversity; Ability to appreciate alternative
viewpoints; Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service
learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult
learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning
communities and distance learning
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and
providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional
approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning
communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their
- Knowledge of networking and infrastructure services
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably
to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing;
bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small
parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are
required to perform the work.
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
office equipment, and any specialized equipment standard within the
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled classroom and/or lab
environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are
required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be
available to students outside of class instruction
- Associate’s degree in computer science, computer information
systems, computer information technology, computer engineering, or
computer-based information systems or related field(s)
- At least 3-5 years of experience with SAP Software
- Some experience with cloud deployment orchestration,
automation, and security configuration management
- Experience providing end user support for SAP based
- SAP Module experience required
- Experience with at least one full cycle ERP integration project
$81.00 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional
development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.