The Learning Technology (LT) Technician provides setup and
support of all instructional technology spaces on campus and at
HCC's satellite centers. The LT Technician works with Learning
Technology staff to meet immediate instructional needs on campus,
by email, online and by telephone (LT Help Desk). The position
requires working evenings (Monday - Thursday) and occasional
weekend support for conferences and events.
This is a part-time position for 25 hours per week.
- Provide evening support for the LT Help Desk.
- Respond to faculty and staff calls and emails needing
instructional technology assistance.
- Provide technical support for events and meetings on
- Videotaping and streaming special events, classes and seminars
held on campus.
- Assist with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
instructional technology throughout campus and at the satellite
- Enter data into the department’s inventory database.
- Provide technology training on classroom equipment and
instructional software for faculty maintained by Learning
- Set up and tear down audio-visual equipment for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree required. Some experience in operation and
troubleshooting of classroom audio-visual equipment; experience
with standard Office productivity software (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint). Experience with video conferencing software (Zoom,
Skype, Microsoft Teams); Experience with Adobe Premiere and screen
capturing software is preferred. Experience with Mid-to-high end
video and audio recording and reinforcement equipment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good organization skills; ability to operate and troubleshoot
technical equipment used in audio-visual settings; competence in
the use of computers and standard educational software; ability to
deal tactfully with students, staff, and the general public;
ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing demands. This
individual must be comfortable working independently during evening
and weekend hours. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
For more information on this position and to formally apply,
please visit HCC's employment page at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?CareersSearch.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at
240-500-2585 or email email@example.com.