Pool Lecturer - Economics
College of Business Administration
The College of Business Administration is one of three colleges at
the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. The CBA consists of six
academic departments and one non-academic department which is the
Small Business Development Center.
Six of the college’s seven academic programs are housed in an
academic department (Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Information
Systems, Management, and Marketing) except for the International
Business program which is managed by the CBA International Business
Advisory Committee ( IBAC ). There are eight majors and seven
minors in the undergraduate curriculum. The college also has a
Master of Business Administration ( MBA ).
The CBA has an outstanding reputation for the high quality of its
faculty, programs, staff, and most importantly its students. The
CBA is fully accredited by AACSB International (Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) – the premier national and
international accreditation authority. The college maintains active
collaborations within the region and community and with numerous
educational institutions in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere.
The College of Business Administration maintains an active
Assurance of Learning Program to ensure both the undergraduate and
graduate programs are assessed and evaluated on a regular basis to
foster successful student learning. The planning and assessment
efforts are guided by a task force of knowledgeable and
enthusiastic faculty and instructional academic staff. Assurance of
Learning supports the AACSB accreditation principles of
accountability and continuous improvement.
Under general supervision of department chair, a person in this
position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate
courses. In addition to preparing for and holding classes
[face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online], teaching involves
maintaining currency in the content area related to the teaching
assignment, evaluating students’ work, assessing student outcomes,
maintaining appropriate records, and holding office hours. In
addition, workload may involve advising students and/or providing
other service to the department. Other duties may be assigned by
the chair or dean.
Instruction and Assessment of Students:
• Prepare and deliver curriculum to undergraduate students.
• Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments,
and handouts, ensuring they comply with department, college and
university guidelines including accessibility for students with
• Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and
• Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist
• Compile, administer and grade examinations and other course
• Maintain student grades and other required records, and deliver
them to the Registrar as directed by UWL policy.
The successful candidate should have or demonstrate:
1. Master’s Degree [except in rare circumstances where
post-baccalaureate certification or licensure or a baccalaureate
plus experience can be established as appropriate qualifications
for the teaching position].
2. A Graduate training in Economics, Business Administration, or
related disciplines, as well as evidence of a commitment to
3. Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching and student
4. The ability to teach courses in multiple business disciplines,
dependent on the successful candidate’s qualifications and college
5. Evidence of potential for quality student advising as well as
effective service to UWL and the local community.
6. Excellent communication skills.
All persons hired for Academic Instruction will be required to
submit all of their official copies of their transcripts to Human
Resources upon hire.
Academic (9 Mo)
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the
names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special
need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference
checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be
conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent
employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of
Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years.
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa
sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally
authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and
maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you
have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at
Position Contact Name
TJ Brooks, Department Chair
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identity of the successful candidate will be
released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I prefer my identity remain confidential and have read and
understand that if I am the successful candidate for this position,
my name may be released.
- I do not request that my identity remain confidential.
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address. (Per
UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks
related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at
a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with
all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency
employers from the past seven years.)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Facebook page
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information