Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs, the
Student Engagement Lead is responsible for promoting and advancing
HRI's student programs throughout the Harvard University community.
Working closely with all three of the Radcliffe Institute’s core
programs, the Student Engagement lead will build on strong existing
student programming at HRI, while exploring and creating new
dynamic learning experiences that foster interdisciplinary
scholarship and civic engagement. They will design, develop, and
regularly evaluate HRI’s student engagement and programming efforts
in alignment with Institute’s strategic goals for enhanced student
Essential Duties and
- Co-chair cross-institute student engagement team that will work
collaboratively to design and implement student-centered programs
aligned with overall student engagement priorities; assess and
enhance the quality of the student experience; manage content
development, outreach to participants, and related administrative
- Conduct extensive outreach and generate greater awareness of
HRI student programming opportunities; build and deepen
cross-university partnerships, HBCUs, and other community partners
with whom HRI seeks to collaborate; serve as a knowledgeable
institutional ambassador to better connect students with HRI
- Create a coherent and branded student experience which will
include HRI opportunities in the following categories: research
with fellows or Radcliffe faculty, independent research,
professional development workshops, experiential learning, and
- Convene and facilitate the Radcliffe Student Advisory Board;
recruit student volunteers; engage student perspectives in planning
efforts in select Institute-wide programs.
- Oversee logistics and programming for newly established
Radcliffe student coffeehouse, in collaboration with Facilities and
the Student Engagement Team.
- Develop and monitor student engagement metrics; support
collection and analysis of data to determine effectiveness of
student programs and drive continuous improvement.
- Partner with program departments to ensure alignment in
student-related communications. Present student engagement work to
partners regarding ongoing opportunities and upcoming student
activities. Use social media platforms to tell stories and
- Other duties as assigned.
- May supervise assigned contingent workers including Harvard
students, temporary employees and/or interns.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant
work experience (preferably with some experience in student
engagement strategy and demonstrated commitment to student
development, and collaborating with multiple
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills and
the ability to meet deadlines and adhere to strict schedules on
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to represent HRI professionally both internally and
- Social media savvy
- Strong professional, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
required; demonstrated inclusiveness and diplomacy in working with
- Must possess sound judgment, be resourceful, and demonstrate
the ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Must be detail-oriented and efficient. Must be motivated to
learn and flexible to change.
- Ability to work independently, get projects done by enlisting
the cooperation of others, and take ownership of work.
- Must possess facility with a variety of software programs, and
willingness to learn new systems.
- This job is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled
- There is some flexibility to work in a hybrid work environment.
When working remotely, employee is expected to have reliable
internet access to be able to do the work.
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply for the Student Engagement Lead
position through Harvard Careers, Harvard University’s
online employment application system. Applications will be
reviewed upon receipt.
Please note - cover letters are required for every
application for a position at the Harvard Radcliffe Institute.
Please address your experience with serials cataloging in your
cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document
and upload it when you are instructed by HARVARD CAREERS, Harvard’s
online application system, to "Upload my resume/CV from my