Responsible for managing the day to day operation of the
Pharmaceutics, Pharmacist Care Laboratories. Also responsible for
the daily office operation of the Department of Clinical &
Administrative Sciences and the Department of Pharmaceutical
Essential functions will include:
Laboratory Responsibilities - active semester 60% lab
1. Maintaining appropriate inventory of laboratory supplies and
2. Setting up student labs, and clean-up of student labs.
3. Maintaining and monitoring laboratory equipment and service
4. Program patient simulation equipment.
5. Work with IT support to ensure all technology is
6. Teaching student laboratories as assigned by faculty and/or
7. Assisting faculty with research efforts.
Office Operation Responsibilities
8. Screen calls and route to proper office, arranges appointments
and meetings, processes correspondence, and prepares memos and
letters for the department chairs and faculty.
9. Manages the department chair calendars.
10. Greets all visitors in a professional and timely manner.
11. Coordinates all School of Pharmacy department events.
12. Schedule, communicate with applicants.
13. Assists chairs with data organization and management.
14. Update and maintain faculty & student records, information,
statistics and confidential files.
15. Maintain all department budgets and processes check &
16. Act as a school-wide resource person.
17. Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be
assigned or required.
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Bachelor degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Biology, or Chemistry. Masters degree in Pharmaceutics
- Experience : Pharmacy technician experience, basic
compounding and/or laboratory experience a plus.
- Skills/Aptitude: Excellent written and oral
communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to
manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve,
maintain confidentiality, and be proactive. Proven ability to work
effectively with minimal supervision. Proven ability to work
effectively in teams. Proven ability to work within time
constraints and multiple projects. Ability to operate basic office
machinery. Must be proficient with general office equipment and
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some
overtime may be required. Attendance at School functions outside of
normal business hours may be required. This position has been
identified as having a potential risk for occupational exposure to
potentially infectious material; as such, this position is required
to be offered the Hepatitis B Vaccine at no cost to the employee,
and annual training on Preventing Exposure to Bloodbourne Pathogens
must be completed.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.