The purpose of this class is to maintain constant surveillance of
the pools, render appropriate emergency services, and inspect the
pool and report unsafe conditions.
Vacancies available at multiple locations: Catonsville, Dundalk,
High School Diploma or GED
Six months (6) of experience as a lifeguard
Must be at least 18 years of age
Valid certification from one of the following:
The American Red Cross
The Boy Scouts of America
The Young Men's Christian Association
Class Specific Essential Duties
1. Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts
immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the
event of an emergency.
2. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies. Provide
emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of
emergency medical services arrives.
3. Present professional appearance and attitude at all ties
4. Maintain a high standard of customer service.
5. Inspect the pool and report any unsafe conditions or equipment
6. Oversees the handling of identification cards as well as health,
incident and waiver forms.
7. Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports (e.g.: health
surveys, sign in sheets).
8. Enforce all policies, rules, and regulations of the pool.
9. Provide a high level of customer service.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.