Communications & Media Studies, Adjunct faculty are needed to
teach day (evening, weekend, and/or online) classes at the
Community College of Baltimore County on one or more of the
following courses: Fundamentals of Communication, Introduction to
Mass Media, and Movies: History and Art. Adjunct faculty will be
expected to facilitate learning via preparation and delivery of
instruction, cooperation with College support staff in timely
submission of materials and grades as required and, coordination of
activities with the Program Director or Coordinator. Adjunct
faculty are selected based on program needs and subject matter
expertise of the applicant.
Level 1 - $900 per credit hour.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Master’s degree in Communication Studies, Mass Communication,
or a related Communication degree.
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management
- Two (2) years teaching experience, college teaching experience
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft applications
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by
the program director and/or course coordinator
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are
administered and completed in a consistent and equitable
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively
assessing the established course objectives
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides
feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.