This part-time position teaches college level non-credit Community
Education courses that focus on CDL-A and B commercial vehicle
Instructors should have experience teaching and have an expert
knowledge of the topic they are proposing to teach. Instructors
will be required to complete all forms and documentation related to
the course and all documentation required by the college.
Pay rates for the non-credit courses in Continuing Education are
commensurate with education and experience qualifications. Please
see salary scales posted on our website.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be a subject matter expert.
- Computer proficiency preferred.
- Experience teaching or training in an adult setting
- Three years’ experience driving vehicles requiring a CDL-A
license is required.
- A current, valid Maryland Commercial Driver’s License - Class A
(CDL-A), with Air Brake certification, plus N, T and P
endorsements, is required
- School Bus (S), Hazmat (H), Hazmat/Tanker (X) or All (TPXS)
endorsements are preferred.
- Must have a current D.O.T. Physical Card
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.