The truck driver will be responsible for driving a rental truck, or
BSM&A truck, to and from performance venues; execution routine
vehicle checks; fuel fill ups as well as other duties aligned with
the position. If
BSM&A truck continues to be used, the driver will be
responsible for driving the truck to and from maintenance and
Essential Job Duties:
• Driving to and from various venues in South West Florida to
deliver musical equipment for
• Picking up and dropping off rental truck to and from the rental
office which on occasion may fall on early or late hours.
• Driving presently owned BSM&A truck to and from maintenance
and service appointments.
• Assisting students with loading and unloading of the vehicle as
• Performing routine vehicle checks and gasoline fill ups.
• Maintaining cleanliness of the truck.
• Reporting all truck issues or concerns to the Director of
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of experience driving a vehicle.
- Valid Florida Class B Driver’s License with passenger
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous shuttle/bus driving experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
All employees are expected to:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Skill in talking to others to convey information
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of
varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information
- Ability to represent the university in a positive and
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse
community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to display a positive and caring attitude, be
self-motivated and sensitive to multicultural issues.
Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures
utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow
procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population
while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world,
personalities and working styles.
Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes
critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.