The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of
Medicine - Office of Medical Education
recruiting for an Accreditation and Quality Senior
. The Accreditation and Quality Senior
Analyst is responsible for leading processes/workflow to embed
quality practices throughout the operational and educational
programs for the Office of Medical Education. The position will
oversee all aspects of preparing for the medical school's LCME
review; will maintain detailed knowledge of medical school policies
and regulatory requirements of federal and state agencies; serves
as Coordinator for the LCME Institutional Self-Study and as such
monitors preparation timelines and committee operations, develops
reports, and prepares submissions of all required documents for
accreditation; ensures prompt and accurate submission of all AAMC
and LCME required forms and requests; participates in monitoring
all LCME standards for the medical school; works with all units in
the Department of Medical Education to ensure that LCME
requirements are met for successful accreditation; works with
division chiefs to improve processes and conduct quality audits;
works with the Associate Deans on strategic and operational
planning, and overall quality and compliance for all areas of the
Office of Medical Education / Undergraduate Medical
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation
days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health
insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for
employees and their dependents at any of the University System of
UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious
reasons will be processed through Human
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of
strategies related to program and institutional compliance.
- Leads the process to develop and implement sustainable
processes to collect data and evidence for continuous improvement
of the educational program.
- Lead the development business and quality process improvement
models and implementation for efficiency and effectivness.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of evolving accreditation
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data by which the department
will assess successes and opportunities for improvement in all
areas of the student experience and the administrative process. Use
innovative redesign processes to achieve efficiencies and effective
use of resources. Identify approaches for continuous quality
- Consults with deans, faculty, course and clerkship directors,
and others regarding educational programs and administrative
processes related to accreditation.
- Works to identify gaps in efficiency and implements corrective
action to maximize effectiveness and quality.
- Creates systems to implement controls and reduce
inefficiencies, both fiscally and administratively.
- Assists the departmental leadership team in achieving short and
long term programmatic goals used to improve quality and
- Assists in the development and implementation of training
programs to educate faculty and staff on benchmarks for the
- Assists the Senior Associate Dean in the coordination of the
school's strategic plan, assessment activities, and institutional
reporting requirements in support of our mission and strategic
- Provides consultation for compliance across all units of
- Assists Medical Education Deans with periodic program reviews
and work with faculty to revise processes when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Master's degree
Four (4) years of business operations
in a leadership role. Experience in medical education is
preferred. Experience in accreditation practices and knowledge of
the Liaison Committee On medical Education standards, process and
polices is preferred.
Six Sigma or Lean or
other change management and/or Project Management Professional
(PMP) certifications preferred.
N/A Preferred Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative,
- Proven problem solving and data analysis experience.
- Excellent analytical, oral, written and interpersonal
communication skills required and experience with data management
(data gathering and storing).
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to innovate, think critically, manage change, problem
solve, and implement process improvements across all areas of
- Demonstrated ability to extract and present detailed data in
Commensurate with education and
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or
policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the
Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a
disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during
any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job
Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email