Enrollment Specialist - Regional Recruiter (3 Positions)
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
JOB SUMMARY :
Enrollment Specialists are responsible for the recruitment and
enrollment of diverse student populations. The Enrollment
Specialist cultivates strategic partnerships with secondary school
students, guidance counselors, educators and alumni that enable the
University to meet its admissions goals. The Enrollment Specialist
reports to the Director of Admissions. This position is a
part-time, remote position. There will be three total openings with
one position to be filled in each respective city: Cleveland,
Chicago, and Detroit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels to and maintains a presence at college, community, and
education partners on a regular basis (e.g., daily, weekly, or
monthly, as the relationship warrants or requires) to promote
Central State University’s undergraduate programs.
- Provides admission advising based on student’s transcript
evaluation and career goal compatibility. Accurately and completely
explains education program availability, modality considerations,
transfer requirements, financial aid opportunities and
considerations, and available student support services.
- Tracks all interactions with prospective students in
- Exercises judgment in holistic review of applications. Assures
that complete and accurate notation of these decisions is made on
the applicant record in Banner
- Counsels ineligible students on educational alternatives and
explains negative admission decisions.
· Develops and maintains an up-to-date understanding of Central
State University’s academic programs, curriculum, and degree
requirements, including program-to-program and general articulation
· Stays abreast of co-curricular opportunities of value to
matriculating students and that foster their interest in the
· Remains abreast of the scholarship and financial aid
opportunities available to incoming students.
- Adheres to university recruiting and admission guidelines and
standards and adheres to provisions set forth in the National
Association of College Admission Counseling Standards and
Principles of Good Practice.
- Organizes recruitment activities including open houses,
transfer fairs, welcome-back activities, classroom presentations,
and faculty/advisor meetings. Plans and executes joint events
between community partners as necessary for optimal relationship
- Identifies and shares information regarding trends and issues
affecting relationships with partners, including alumni.
- Secures new requests for program offerings provided by
administrators, faculty, and students at community college
- Meets with college access partners and provides them with
ongoing updates on academic program and co-curricular
- Collaborates with access partners and educators to track
students through the application and enrollment process, including,
as needed, updates on applicant status and guidance regarding
housing, financial aid and new student orientation.
- Interfaces directly with students to assist them with the
enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid,
registration, housing, and new student orientation.
- Required to attended periodic on campus meetings and events as
assigned by the Director of Admissions & Enrollment
- This position requires extensive travel to the community
colleges, school districts, and college access organizations.
Office arrangements may be based on successful applicants’
locations and demands of the university/communities.
Compensation may vary depending on applicant’s
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a team-oriented approach within a complex
organization and experience serving diverse populations is
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible admissions or
related higher education experience.
- Banner-familiar; technically proficient, including Microsoft
and MAC as well as social media and other emerging
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including report
- Self-starting, able to work independently and remotely while
maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Understands and is committed to the University’s core mission
and strategic priorities.
· A valid driver’s license is required. Ability to perform
overnight travel as required.
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Ohio Transfer Module and associated
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts