Career Services Office Assistant II - Part-Time
Provides a variety of administrative support duties in relation to
the Career Services department. Assists in coordinating and
planning activities with as well as the day-to-day operations of
the Career Services office.
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
High School Diploma or GED and one year office/clerical experience
One year office/clerical experience (or similar)
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Facilitate timely, professional communication and problem
- Maintain processes and systems that improve the quality of
- Demonstrate functional working knowledge in Microsoft
Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher with the ability to
create event flyers.
- Perform general office duties including answering telephones,
copying, bulk mail outs, and filing
- Possess outstanding customer service skills and have the
ability to work with multiple projects and within deadlines
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations;
- Performing detailed office support work; maintaining accurate
records of work performed;
- Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining
rules, policies and procedures;
- Reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to
exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of and responsiveness to FERPA law and
- Serve on college committees as requested
- Monitor, approve, enter, oversee, and update online job
- Assist with facilitation of special events including career
events, employer panels, workshops, career fairs, etc.
- | Acts as receptionist and receives and screens visitors and
telephone calls and takes messages; provides factual information
regarding County or departmental activities and functions which may
require the explanation of rules, policies and/or procedures.
- Prepare, enter, oversee and maintain budget and budget
- Provide log in information and demonstrations.
of career services assessments and career management system.
- Performs such office support activities as opening and
distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, making travel
arrangements and preparing requisitions.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports and end-of-year data
requests / reports.
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- How many years of Administrative support experience do you
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter