Facilities Office Assistant
Facilities, Clerical / Support
The Facilities Department front office is looking to add a
detail-oriented, team player with a positive attitude to their
team. The position requires someone who is capable of independently
resolving routine problems. We need a people-person capable of
being the main point of contact for the Facilities Office handling
phones, greeting visitors, and communicating with staff of all
levels of the campus community, external customers, and vendors.
Additional duties will include processing and escalating work
orders and generating associated reports, preparing various
administrative reports, assisting in the administration of the
university key control program, and addressing numerous other
support related responsibilities. This position also has
responsibility for invoicing for goods and services and managing
the internal cost capture process.
This full-time, 12 month, benefits eligible position reports
directly to the Director of Business Operations, Facilities. This
full-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible position reports directly
to the Director of Business Operations, Facilities.
● Serves as the Facilities point
of contact on work orders including but not limited to, triaging,
processing, and escalating work orders, generating associated
reports, providing status to customers, and responding to questions
regarding cost capture billing. Inputs, updates and closes out work
orders, and coordinates work with Facilities staff. Provides
TMA/work order training for various departments campus wide.
Assists in developing, updating, and maintaining statistics
regarding work orders and customer satisfaction.
● Serves as the initial point of contact for the Facilities Office.
Manages and screens incoming phone calls to the main phone line,
greets and assists visitors, and provides assistance with general
inquiries and scheduling meetings and appointments as necessary.
Performs reception duties in an efficient, professional, and
● Provides general administrative support for staff in Facilities.
May include, but is not limited to, making phone calls, drafting
correspondence, securing information, managing and distributing
● Updates and maintains departmental policies and procedures,
directives, and other correspondence.
● Maintains and updates records and files containing permits,
contracts, approvals, warranties, licenses, all vendor Certificates
of Insurance and inspection certificates.
● Assists with the University Key Control Program.
● Maintains the petty cash; making disbursements, reconciling, and
submitting annual reports as necessary.
● Primary point of contact with Facilities cost capturing process
and coordination of cost capture with Finance.
● Trains and supervises light-duty Facilities members until
released to full duty.
● Responsibilities also include reconciling financial records,
performing end-of-year closeout operations, and generating budget
reports as required.
● Coordinates with Project Managers, Supervisors, and others to
gather information for the end of fiscal year closeout, and
prepares reports for submission to Finance.
● Employee safety shoe reimbursement program.
● Assists staff with Expense Reporting.
● Cross trains and serves as back up support for the other
Facilities Office staff.
● Adheres to OSHA standards, employs safe practices, and follows
safety policies/procedures. Uses PPE in a safe manner, sets
examples for others, notifies supervisors of potential hazards, and
demonstrates good housekeeping habits.
● Supports and promotes the University's sustainability
● Performs other duties as required.
● High school diploma
● Three years of administrative/office experience.
● Proficiency with Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email,
and other similar software programs.
● Strong customer service focus and time management and
● Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to enter large
volumes of alpha/numeric data into a computerized system.
● Demonstrated ability to work with numerous interruptions, meet
deadlines, and work well under pressure.
● Strong interpersonal skills, exhibited by the ability to exercise
diplomacy, tact, discretion, and strict confidentiality with all
persons both within and outside the department.
● Ability to understand oral and written instructions and
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member;
take initiative, use good judgment, and communicate
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
● This position is classified as part of essential services.
Individual may be required to report to work even if campus has a
delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed
otherwise by facilities supervisor; or when the individual has
concerns related to their personal safety.
● A post offer criminal background.
● Ability to work occasional overtime as required.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496879/facilities-office-assistant