The School of Business and Management in the College of Business
invites applications for an Assistant Professor or Associate
Professor and Program Coordinator to begin fall 2022.
The primary responsibility of all full-time faculty of the
University is the scholarly teaching of students in the courses and
sections that are assigned. The successful candidate must
demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality teaching, scholarship,
and professional service, as well as excellent communication and
interpersonal skills. The candidate will be expected to deliver
experiential and applied learning to students. All course delivery
and assessment data will be aligned and collected in accordance
with the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
(International Accreditation Council for Business Education)
accreditation standards. Courses will be taught in face-to-face
classrooms, hybrid environments, and via online delivery.
Additionally, this professor will advise students regarding a
variety of career goals and courses.
As Program Coordinator, this person will assist the Director of the
School of Business and Management in the administrative and
academic oversight of the business administration programs.DUTIES
• Teach 24 credits per academic year;
• Courses taught may be in the areas of introduction to business,
business strategy, organizational management, international
business, and economic geography as well as possible other courses
in faculty member's area of expertise;
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse
population of students through careful preparation of course
materials, effective teaching methodologies and informed critical
feedback on assignments and discussions;
• Prepare course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques
which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures,
leading discussions, and conducting experiential learning
opportunities in face to face classes, hybrid environments and
online through Canvas;
• Deliver experiential and applied learning to students while
incorporating the technology available on campus;
• Contribute to the development and revision of course content and
instructional materials, textbook and equipment selection, and
• Align all course delivery and collect assessment data in
accordance with the International Accreditation Council for
Business Education accreditation standards.
• Apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform
duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
• Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new
technologies pertinent to areas of assignment;
• Serve as Program Coordinator for business administration programs
and work in conjunction with the Director for the School of
Business and Management on curriculum development, scheduling,
hiring, training, oversight and student matters;
• Participate in School, College, and University meetings,
retreats, committees, and activities (open house, and/or student
recruitment projects); • Follow the policies and procedures
outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• Advise students in the College of Business according to the
Husson University Advising Manual;
• Work with students and employers in professional settings,
internships, field placements, and similar work-related situations
• Employ University retention strategies;
• Maintain weekly office hours to meet with students regarding
class work, course registration, program declaration and career
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Terminal degree (PhD, DBA) is preferred; Candidates who have a
masters degree and several years of industry experience along with
approaching the end of their doctoral work may be considered.
Demonstrated excellence in teaching with specific knowledge and
ability to teach undergraduate courses in a variety of business
Knowledge and ability to teach face to face, in a hybrid
environment or online.
A demonstrated record of scholarship.
Industry experience in at least one area of business for 5 or more
Mastery of appropriate computer operation skills.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and
engaging and have strong interpersonal and communication skills,
demonstrating a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Husson
University's mission and to the highest ethical standards.