Position Title: Sales and Marketing
Summary: The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for the
development, planning, implementation, and assessment of sales,
marketing, and communication strategies in Housing and Residence
Life (HRL) with a focus on on-campus housing occupancy processes.
As a member of the HRL team, the Sales and Marketing Manager leads
sales, outreach, and marketing efforts in alignment with occupancy
needs, projections, student feedback, and the mission, vision and
values of GVSU and HRL. Strong candidates will demonstrate strong
written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage multiple
priorities, and excellent attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business,
or related field.
• Two years of post-graduate professional work experience in sales
• 3-5 years professional experience.
• Direct sales experience.
• Group demonstration or presentation experience.
• Work experience in property management, leasing, or related
• Work experience in higher education.
• Copywriting experience.
• Supervision experience.
• Design experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Development, implementation, and assessment of HRL sales,
marketing, outreach, and communication strategies including:
o Direct sales and outreach
o Advertising and marketing
o Public Relations
o Web and social media
• Lead HRL efforts and involvement in Admissions and orientation
events including Laker Experience Days, New Student Registration,
• Represent HRL at various GVSU events both on and off campus,
including periodic travel outside the local area.
• Support other HRL functions including student and professional
staff recruitment, as well as department and university events and
• Hire and supervise assigned staff.
• Collaborate with Institutional Marketing, Admissions, Campus
Dining, Division of Student Affairs, and other campus
• Participate in appropriate department, division, and University
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $47,000 - $51,000
Department/Division: Student Affairs
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply
now". Please include a cover letter and resume: the online
application will allow you to attach these documents
electronically. On the application, you will also be required to
provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three
professional references. If you have questions or need assistance,
contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/.
TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.