Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for Full-Time
/ 9 Month Academic Year Dining Services Cook-1 positions. The
person selected for this position will Cook, grill, bake, steam,
sauté, and fry food for student meals, catering, conferences.
Responsible for sanitation of work area and equipment.
$24,675.00 (9-month salary) with potential
for additional hours over the summer plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, with coverage for the
entire year, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary at no cost
to the employee .
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 11 days accrued per year for
first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years.
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- One year experience in cooking or quantity commercial or
institutional food production or equivalent combination of
experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cooking ingredients, food production
safety & sanitation.
- Preparing ingredients and cooking food items on a quantity
- Reading and interpreting recipes.
- Performing recipe extensions.
- Operating modern kitchen equipment.
- Garnishing and presenting food for buffets and student
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Associate degree from a qualified Culinary or Food Service
- Experience as a restaurant cook.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to
the terms and conditions of the AFSCME Collective Bargaining
- Flexible work schedule as dictated by the needs of the
- Dining and Conference Services staff may be required to work
evenings and weekends.
- Dining and Conference Services staff, as essential employees,
need to arrive at work on a timely basis even when there is a
publicly announced delayed opening or closing.