The School of Social Work at The University at Buffalo, State
University of New York ( SUNY ) is seeking individuals with
experience and knowledge of the social work practice community and
the ability to make connections between the School’s curriculum and
the skills and practice knowledge gained in student field
placements. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Field
Education Department to ensure quality field experiences that
enable students to meet required competencies, and adhere to
Duties and Responsibilities (Field Educator):
• Provide a minimum of one hour per week of individual supervision
to the MSW intern including an ongoing evaluation of their
• Participate with the on-site task supervisor, in interviewing
student interns for the field placement prior to the start of the
actual field placement.
• Actively coordinate and work with on-site task supervisor in
providing appropriate learning experiences for the interns.
• Attend an orientation session provided by the School (required
for all new field educators).
• Provide the student with an orientation to the agency, including
information on safety protocol, HIPAA requirements, or other
regulations specific to field site.
Duties and Responsibilities (Field Liaison):
• Reviewing and providing input to students and field educators
regarding the learning contract.
• Making a minimum of one field visit during the fall semester and
one during the spring semester for each of the assigned students.
The visits should include a three-way meeting with the student and
field educator at the field placement site.
• Be available to problem-solve issues with the student and/or
field educator via phone or through additional field visits as
needed; document any significant problems and the recommendations
made to address the problem.
• Reviewing the Field Performance Evaluation Form completed by the
field educator at mid-placement and at the end of the student’s
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an
as-needed basis Minimum Qualifications
• Applicants must be licensed MSW’s.
• Two or more years of relevant social work experience. Preferred Qualifications
• Prior exposure to supervising social work students
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.