The University of Michigan Law School Office of Student Life is
seeking a Student Affairs Director. The selected candidate will be
expected to: - Provide operational oversight for the Office
of Student Life; budget development, logistical administration, and
work in partnership with the finance office.
- Supervise Office of Student Life administrative staff - Provide
project management for programs
- Work closely with Asst. Director of Campus Life and Engagement
regarding student groups on logistics, budget management, and
- Track policy changes and logistical requirements of central
University offices and manage compliance with the same
- Coordinate flow of information and data analytics for academic
advising and academic support services
- Coordinate flow of information outward through website structure
and content, including collaborating with the Communications
department, students, faculty and staff to improve functionality
and access to important Student Life information
- Work with Asst. Dean to monitor innovations and best practices in
legal education student services
- Work with Law School leadership to develop ongoing programming
and leadership training
- Oversee internal reporting and data analytics regarding student
challenges, including Title IX, DEI, and academic challenges.
- Manage academic journals and competition budgets and
external relations Required qualifications: - J.D.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience with at least
three (3) years in the field of higher education/student services
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in creating an inclusive, service-oriented
environment for a multicultural student body.
- Proven ability to formulate strategic plans, implement programs,
and evaluate the success of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle crises effectively and to solve
problems proactively and creatively.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to
detail, and organizational skills. To apply, visit