We are seeking a dynamic financial professional to further LASP’s
science mission by providing coordination and support to individual
programs as well as aiding LASP faculty in managing sponsored
research programs. This professional will have a technology-first
approach to solving problems and optimizing processes. Duties
include research, selection, and compilation of financial data from
multiple sources, such as production, accounting, vendors, and
subsequent analysis of that data to produce business information
used to support decisions. Verifies the accuracy of data and
ensures appropriate number tie outs. Decisions may impact the
effectiveness and efficiency of administrative and business
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the
University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before
NASA. We are the world’s only academic research institute to have
sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Loads project data from the financial system into the EVM
- Reviews and reconciles discrepancies.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and
ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Applies, interprets, or assesses existing policies, procedures,
regulations for the financial impact on program support.
- Validates latest forecast inputs to determine if the required
resources line up with the resources available (compare actuals
- May conduct special financial and business related studies and
cooperates with other departments in the preparation of
- Consults or receives guidance from senior analysts or
- Other duties as assigned to facilitate continuity within
research programs at LASP.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
What We Can Offer
$61,185.00 - $85,700.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be ambitious. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent, with 3 to 5+ years
of relevant experience, or a master’s in business administration or
equivalent, with 1 to 3+ years of experience.
- Understands accounting principles.
- Able to generate financial statement reports for internal and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to
multi-task while under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to research, investigate, analyze,
reconcile, and evaluate data.
- Functions within well-defined guidelines and procedures to
resolve routine issues, and to make independent and logical
decisions and/or recommendations.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Understanding of Business Analytics and Business
- Understanding of Microsoft Power BI.
- Understanding of Visual Basic (VBA) specifically for
- Understanding of SQL.
- Understanding of Deltek/Cobra or other project management
- Understanding of Earned value management.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly
describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific
interest in this position.
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified
by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an
approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the
United States, please submit a translated version as an optional
Position will remain posted until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: