Assures proper function of laboratory equipment in the
undergraduate analytical and organic laboratories. Involved in
instrument method development and preparation of supplies needed
for the laboratories. Instruct student teaching assistants and
undergraduate stockroom staff in general lab protocols. Perform
safety training for teaching assistants and undergraduate stockroom
staff. Manage stockroom waste and disposal. Participate as a member
of the department safety committee.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN28155B 00121 - Chemistry
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of the
instrumentation in the teaching laboratories.
- Hire and supervise stockroom student staff.
- Responsible for the organization of the undergraduate
teaching laboratories and stockrooms.
- Ordering consumables chemicals/solvents/glassware) for these
- Responsible for safety in the undergraduate laboratories.
- Responsible for oversight of the storage and transfer of
chemical waste from the undergraduate laboratories
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or other
scientific discipline or equivalency;
- Two years full-time laboratory experience;
- Experience with operating and troubleshooting analytical
equipment such as HPLC, GC,
UV-Vis, FTIR and ICP.
- Working knowledge of advanced scientific techniques and
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
- Chemistry background.
- Knowledge and experience with analytical
- OSHA training and certification or the willingness to
complete OSHA certification.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
effectively with diverse personnel.
TO APPLY, VISIT:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in
the application process will be provided to individuals with
disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365
(V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation.
The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.