Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring a Financial Aid
Counselor at the Daytona Beach campus. This position provides
counseling services to students and parents regarding the
application process for obtaining federal, state, private, and
institutional sources of financial assistance. This position
requires that counseling be performed in a variety of mediums -- in
person, telephone, and by e-mail. Other responsibilities include
monitoring individual student eligibility for aid awarded under
specific programs and regulations; verifying the accuracy of
information submitted by students on the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); certifying the eligibility and
processing of funds for federal and private loan programs;
providing assistance in identifying all sources of financial
assistance for which a student may qualify in order to continue
enrollment at the University; and communicating with students with
respect to issues or conditions that may have a negative effect on
their continued eligibility to receive financial assistance. The
Financial Aid Counselor will work in a professional and congenial
manner within the Financial Aid Office, within the University and
in representing Embry-Riddle externally.
- High school (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic
composition, and math.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Analytical skills with an in-depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems,
Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, various
government entities and the University community.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to handle complex
administrative details with experience working in a fast-paced
- Comprehensive understanding of financial aid processing and
- Experience with automated files management, tracking, and
letter generating computer programs.
- Must be able to multi-task and be deadline oriented.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior financial aid work experience.