Provides clerical office support to office staff by performing
routine duties such as typing, filing, answering phones, and a
variety of other office duties.,Performs a variety of entry level
office duties, which typically include one or more of the following
- Preparing and processing purchase vouchers, Service Center
Requisitions, travel requests, travel vouchers and purchase
- Typing miscellaneous correspondence to staff, faculty, students
and external businesses and individuals.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate
staff; taking messages.
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and resolving routine
problems; referring visitors to appropriate staff.
- Picking up mail and distributing it to staff; assisting with
bulk mailing, compiling mailing lists, and preparing out-going mail
- Assisting in preparing personnel and payroll records and
maintaining employee time information.
- Creating, retrieving and filing records electronically.
- Assisting undergraduate students with registration, maintaining
undergraduate database, maintaining undergraduate files, and other
items that pertain to undergraduate students.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 6 months experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly
Job Title: Office Assistant 1
Job Type: Staff
Hiring Department: Police: H0169
Grade: UHN 104
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
App Type Search By: External/Internal
See UH Job Description
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related
Must pass Background Investigation and Drug Testing prior to
Additional Posting Information
- Experience creating basic to intermediate level excel
- 1 year or more experience in office setting or higher
- Experience providing Executive administrative level support a
- Must have valid Driver’s License or be able to obtain before an
offer of employment is made
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and will receive
preference in employment over other applicants for the same
position who do not have a greater qualification.
Open Until Filled - Yes
Notes to Applicant:
See attached addendum