The University of Bridgeport is seeking applicants for the
Clinician Educator for Medical Nutrition Therapy
This position will provide medical nutrition therapy for patients
while training and supervising nutrition interns at Federally
Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)/Community Health Centers (CHC)
(hereafter Facility). Maintain patient records and prepare
documentation for Medicaid and Medicare or other patient billing,
where permissible, and assign to Facility for processing. Work
closely with Facility medical and administrative staff and
University supervisors to provide evidence-based, medical nutrition
therapy. Regularly evaluate and document student performance, and
assess outcomes. Participate in and/or support research and
scholarship. Demonstrate leadership with regard to the expanding
role of nutrition students within Federally Qualified Health
Centers and Community Health Centers and the University of
Bridgeport policies, handbooks, and agreements, as well as
applicable laws. This position is located in Bridgeport, CT.
Federally Qualified Health Center and
Community Health Center with occasional meetings or other events on
Nature of Position:
Administrative year-round (non-faculty;
- Maintain patient charts and other data, billing records, and
time sheets and submit to Facility and/or University (as
applicable) in a timely manner as required by Facility, federal and
state law, and University policy.
- Upon request, provide all information and records required for
Medicare, Medicaid or insurance carrier billing, assign all patient
billing to Facility, and cooperate with regard to Facility’s
submission of billing to Medicare/Medicaid or private carrier.
- Comply with Medicaid, Medicare and other pertinent laws and
regulations, and supervise resident’s and student’s
- Attain and maintain credentialing with assigned Facility.
- Responsible for the evaluation and management of patients and
direct supervision of patient care as administered by nutrition
- Ensures that the patient electronic health care record is
current and properly documented.
- Complete satisfactorily all education requirements by
- Attend and participate at Facility medical staff meetings.
- Submit monthly patient statistics and hourly time sheets by the
third day of the following month to the program director.
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Registered dietician (RD) or Certified Nutrition Specialist
(CNS) with a CT certification as dietician/nutritionist (CDN)
- Must be eligible to be a CNS supervisor, including master’s
degree in a field of nutrition/dietetics and a minimum of 3 years
full time clinical experience in personalized nutrition care or the
- Full-Time Preferred, part-time required
- Strong interest in community health and nutrition
- Meets credentialing requirements of Federally Qualified Health
Center (offer of employment contingent upon credentialing).
- Previous teaching experience in a professional program.
- Bilingual: Spanish/English (Preferred)