The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller, supervising
accounts payable and purchasing and other accountants as well as
providing ongoing maintenance and evaluation of the integrity of
- Prepares financial statements to meet internal and external
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyze revenue and
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting
within the organization.
- Manage accounting for and ensure timely reconciliation and
review of Cash and other accounts to sub-ledgers against a monthly
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to
applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for CFO and upper
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting; in a higher
education platform is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to fostering and maintaining a
diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague system is preferred
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the Assistant
. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities of the position. You will devote your full time
and best efforts to the performance of your various job duties and
will observe any and all policies, rules and regulations that the
University may now have or shall hereafter establish.