The University of Bridgeport is seeking candidates for the position
of Admissions Manager. This position supervises admissions
counselors, enrolls students, assists with overseeing the daily
operations of the advising office, and performs all management
duties that are relevant to the Office and the Enrollment
Department. This position will be located in Bridgeport,
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Provides accurate information and assists with enrollment steps
for prospective students.
- Assists with oversight of the day to day operations of the
Admissions Office, including interviewing and training new staff,
mentoring staff with internal professional development/growth, and
providing customer service skills/assessment.
- Provides guidance and support to staff during enrollment
process with applicant students.
- Collaborates with program directors and department chairs to
provide programmatic information to admissions staff.
- Audits admissions officers’ outreach and service to prospective
students via SonisWeb.
- Collaborates with other University management staff to ensure a
successful enrollment process for all applicant students.
- Learns and provides training to staff on University software
programs (including but not limited to Canvas, Salte and other
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and ensures all work safety
practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
- Knowledge of all University academic programs, policies and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Canvas & Slate
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving and conflict
- Supervisory and management skills
Education, Training and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in enrolling and advising students.
Special Requirements :
Physical and Mental Requirements :
1/3 to 2/3
- Valid Driver’s license and insured vehicle
Outdoor Weather Conditions
Work with fumes or airborne particles
Work near moving mechanical parts
Risk of electrical shock
1/3 to 2/3
Talking & Hearing
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel
Climbing or balancing
Bending, pulling, pushing
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 75 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
Over 100 pounds
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
X Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
___ No special vision requirements
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job