The University of Bridgeport is seeking candidates for the position
of Registration & Academic Services Manager
position will report to the Registrar or designee and the is
primarily responsible for providing technical support, analysis and
expertise to the University’s Registrar Office in the utilization
of the student information system database, and other student
application modules, while providing direct support to the
Registrar in all issues related to institutional policies and
practices surrounding student academic records. This position is
located in Bridgeport, CT.
The candidate is responsible for providing technology analysis,
programming support in student systems applications related issues.
Defines, develops and assists in implementation of all student
module related projects and assists the Registrar’s Office by
providing reports, training, and documentation as needed. Typical
duties include and are not limited to:
- Review and analyze academic program evaluations to identify any
programming issues in degree audit and e-advising modules. Use
testing tools to preform quality analysis on code written for same
and modify internal code as needed.
- Review/modify/enhance existing business processes/workflow, use
creative problem solving skills to translate business needs to
software procedures. Identify, analyze and recommend automated
service enhancement solutions using computer programming
- Co-ordinate the implementation/migration/integration of
university-wide software applications with existing custom software
solutions in the Registrar’s Office.
- In coordination with the Registrar, assess, test and recommend
new applications and workflows needed to better serve students and
- Create, run and review various reports to check for consistency
and data integrity of the data input into the student
- Responsible for management, content, maintenance and security
of student information system Datatel Colleague database- student
- Maintain and test the Datatel Colleague student modules, and
co-ordinate installation and upgrading of the Colleague student
modules including monthly patching and yearly updates. Test for
quality of the installation and provide documentation to Registrar
staff members regarding work flow impact and change in business
- Keep up-to-date on system changes through patch manuals, and
module update documents, to identify any system changes and work
with other staff to develop changes in business and workflow
- Some evenings and weekends are required
- Participation in graduation and commencement events
- Perform special projects or other duties as
- Experience with programming languages (Visual Basic, C++) and
Relational Database Systems like SQL, Unidata.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability
to communicate technical information to Non-Technical Users.
- Ability to work to establish deadlines, timelines and project
- Excellent problem solving skills necessary as well as the
ability to match system requirements/processes to desired academic
- A positive student success oriented attitude necessary with
high integrity and ethics.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related
- Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in educational related Information
Technology, Knowledge of the University Registrar operations and
familiarity with the Information technology in higher
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the Registration
& Academic Services Manager
. It is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the position. You will
devote your full time and best efforts to the performance of your
various job duties and will observe any and all policies, rules and
regulations that the University may now have or shall hereafter