The School of Engineering invites applications for adjunct faculty
to teach undergraduate and graduate electrical engineering
credit-bearing courses (lectures and/ or labs). Adjunct faculty
members report to the department chair, who serves under the
direction of the Dean of the school. Adjunct faculty members
provide students with high-quality learning experiences on a
semester-by-semester basis. Adjunct faculty members are expected to
perform all instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a
timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and
procedures of University of Bridgeport.
Areas of expertise: Electronics, Automation, Robotics, PLC, Power,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Abiding by and upholding University of Bridgeport’s mission,
policies, and core values.
- Teaching undergraduate graduate students in assigned course(s).
Some classes are during the day (9 am – 5 pm) and some in the
evenings (6-9 pm)
- Implementing assigned courses as designed and specified in
- Using Canvas effectively.
- Assigning grades based on specified criteria as delineated in
course syllabi and posting the grades to Canvas and the
University’s data systems.
- Being available to students for individual consultation.
- Assisting students with how to be successful in class.
- Communicating in a timely manner with students, faculty, and
- Meeting all course and semester timelines by the specified due
- Staying current within the field of study.
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum master’s degree in electrical engineering or related
field. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Professional work experience electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching in an on-line environment is
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based applications and learning
management software (e.g. Blackboard, Canvas).
- Demonstrated dedication to excellence in teaching and a
commitment to high academic and professional standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A commitment to the academic, emotional, and social development
of all students.
submit a resume/CV AND
a letter of
interest (cover letter).