Communication Sciences and Disorders - Grant
This is a grant position. This position coordinates all activities
related to data collection and analysis for the Professional
Services and Consulting Agreement with Child Study Center, Yale
University. Robin Hood - Phase II - Data Collection. The
coordinator will also be responsible for training the graduate
assistants assigned to conduct the data collection, follow up and
supervises their communication with collection sites, scheduling of
site visits, and completion of data collection. The coordinator
will serve as the liaison between the research team at Adelphi
University and Yale University and maintain communication and
documentation of data collection and analysis.
Dr. Reem Khamis-Dakwar, Communication
Sciences and Disorders (CSD)
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Organize training sessions for graduate assistants who will be
assigned to conduct daily I-T CHILD Data Collectors Protocol.
- Maintenance of LENA and IT-CHILD instrumentation including
troubleshooting technical issues with LENA recordings.
- Ensure compliance with IRB protocols.
- Maintain a project calendar to manage the scheduling of pre-
mid and post intervention observation for the experimental and
- Supervise and maintain data input and coding
- Maintain records of data collection and analysis.
- Perform analyses of LENA data.
- Serve as the liaison between Adelphi University research team
and Yale University research team.
- Contribute to dissemination of the research in national and
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the project
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to coordinate
with data collectors, participating sites, team members, and
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask, and strictly adhere to
- Able to problem solve and participate in quality control
- Experience in training students preferred.
- Maintain a project calendar to manage scheduling of observation
in three times in the course of the study.
- Good working knowledge of I-T CHILD and willingness to learn
LENA software and hardware for child talk recording and
- Statistical analysis skills.
- Developmental assessment skills a plus.
- Background in mental health developmental practice and
- Double Master's degrees in Communication Sciences and Disorders
and Sciences in Infant Mental Health Developmental Practice
- Documented experience working with child care centers.
- Knowledge of the scientific method and ability to think
critically about well-controlled experiments.
- Experience with I-T CHILD and LENA is preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2634