Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Official TSU Title
FEDERAL DIRECT LOAD RECON OFFICER
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision Pell and Loan Reconciliation Officer to
accurately reconcile Federal Pell and Direct Loans disbursements
and to ensure that students FAFSA’s (Free Application for Student
Aid) are loaded into their account.
Essential Duties Summary
- Sends and receives Loan Disbursements and Acknowledgment
- Sends and receives Pell Disbursements and Acknowledgment Files.
- Sends verification Corrections and Clear Suspense File.
- Sends and receives TEACH Grant Disbursements and Acknowledgment
- Performs return of Title IV funds.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$41,976.00 - $52,470.00
Some College or Associate’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Policies, financial aid procedures, and practices.
- Other job-related software, Banner, and systems.
- Requires seasoned skills in the job function or professional
discipline; performs more complex but expected work for a fully
competent incumbent in the function or discipline; demonstrates an
understanding of most work routines, rules, procedures, and
operations; may give advice to other, less experienced positions or
provide technical leadership to job classifications performing
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective customer service.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Analyzing documents.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
One (1) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Limited standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Stoop, bend, or lift.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have some college or Associate's degree?
- * Do you have one (1) to three (3) years of related experience?
- * Do you have experience using Microsoft Office Professional or
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3