Simulation Operation Specialist, part-time, will close on
November 11, 2021
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
To provide specialized assistance in the areas of Simulation
Operation. Will assist in the maintenance and utilization of
simulation equipment for simulated clinical scenarios. Will work
with the Simulation Coordinator to promote and run the simulation
program. This position will assume a role in assisting hands on
support to students and instructors in the Simulations program
within the Divisions of Health Sciences.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from an assigned supervisor.
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Provide setup/takedown/moulage of requested simulations.
- Program, test and run simulation scenarios for faculty
facilitators, assuring that the facility, equipment and supplies
are set up appropriately and that desired outcomes will be
achieved; interpret and implement changes when necessary.
- Consult with faculty on appropriateness of simulations to
achieve learning outcomes and consult with faculty and staff to
ensure accuracy of scenario documents.
- Analyze simulations and decide equipment and moulage
- Contribute to the development of simulation center policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Provide tours/demonstrations/trainings/forums about simulation
and simulation technologies, provide support and assistance with
other special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Participate in providing operations/maintenance/repair of
low-fidelity to high-fidelity task trainers.
- Assist with technical support/maintenance for digital
audiovisual hardware and data capture system to record simulated
sessions and of hi-fidelity computerized manikins.
- As needed, interface with the equipment manufacturers (manikin
and data capture) regarding equipment troubleshooting and system
problems; maintain record of repairs.
- Order, distribute and audit disposable inventory of
sim/practice lab supplies using a computerized system.
- Assist with the management of records and data within the
simulation center including learner and facilitator evaluations,
usage statistics, equipment specs and documentation.
- Ensure that knowledge and expertise in the use and operation of
different simulator technologies ranging from anatomic models and
task trainers to screen-based simulations to full body patient
simulators is up-to-date.
- Maintain current knowledge of practice laboratory and
- Participate in technical training and provide
training/support/consulting to faculty and other staff as
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures, and best
- Standard office procedures and equipment; computer proficiency
and technical aptitude utilizing MS Office applications and
- Principle of medical terminology and human
- Principle of human patient simulator technologies and
- Basic operations and services of computer hardware equipment
and sophisticated software applications relevant to simulator
functions and data capture systems.
- Practices, and technologies of audio/video equipment and
software for recording, duplication, mixing and editing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Work cooperatively with lay persons, students, and faculty
educating health care professionals in a higher education
- Utilize and maintain simulation equipment and digital video
- Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Perform all tasks and job responsibilities safely without
injury to self and others in compliance with safety standards.
- Sensitivity to and understand diverse academic, socioeconomic,
cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of
community college students and staff.
- Work cooperatively with students, staff.
Associate's degree in a health care related field.
Experience with IT and/or multimedia preferred. One (1) year
experience related to health care simulation; providing services in
pre-hospital, hospital, medical military environment, or any other
healthcare type environment preferred.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 1,732
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 2,129
- External Closing Date: Nov 12, 2021
- External Opening Date: Oct 27, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual