Assistant Manager, Campus Box Office
Other, Finance / Business Support
Bucknell University is seeking an Assistant Manager for the Campus
Box Office, which distributes tickets for approximately 170 events
during the academic year. The Assistant Manager is responsible for
daily operations of the Campus Box Office and will oversee coverage
for ticket sales at evening and weekend athletic events,
productions of the department of Theatre and Dance, Weis Center
events, concerts presented by Bucknell Student Government, and
other ticketed events. This position is also responsible for
coordinating ticket sales for receptions at away games hosted by
University Advancement. This full-time, exempt, benefits eligible
position reports to and is supervised by the Campus Box Office
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling, training and supervision of
student ticket sellers, student ticket coordinators as well as
Bucknell University employees working Campus Box Office
- Coordinate reconciliation of (1) operator drawers in compliance
with finance office procedures, (2) daily sales totals for Campus
Box Office and (3), all ticketed athletic events in compliance with
NCAA guidelines in collaboration with the Associate Director of
Athletics for Business Services.
- Assist with processing season ticket sales for Athletics and
- Supervise daily operations in the Weis Center location of the
Campus Box Office to ensure student preparedness and customer
satisfaction. Ensure petty cash is accurate, supplies are
available, computer and printers are working properly and customer
needs/requests are being addressed.
- Responsible to ensure preparedness for daily ticket sales at
the Campus Box Office outlets. Ensure supplies are available,
computer and printers are working properly and additional staff is
available as necessary for specific on sale dates to be
- Coordinate on sale dates for Athletics and Recreation with
Campus Box Office Manager.
- Provide Campus Box Office Manager with event reports for
reconciliation with Finance Office.
- Assist Campus Box Office Manager in all aspects of ticketing
system, to maintain best practices with current technology for
Campus Box Office and ensure proper equipment
- Assume managerial responsibilities in the Campus Box Office
- Coordinate accommodations for events in order to remain ADA
- Assist with summer camps and conferences including managing
meal cards and updating meal billing.
- Serve as liaison with the Athletics and Recreation to:
- ensure game day ticket sales operations run in an efficient
manner to include visiting team consignments and complimentary
tickets for teams' home and away.
- coordinate ticket sales with Center for Alumni and Family
Engagement for receptions at away games.
- attend weekly game ops meeting with Athletics and
- coordinate distribution of Bucknell University student and
- ensure Bucknell University's compliance with NCAA in regards to
- arrange all aspects of consignments and team comps for both home
and away games from competing institutions.
- prepare complimentary ticket lists and compliant sensitive
materials for the Athletics staff as needed.
- secure tickets to suites as requested.
- Perform and/or supervise the following duties:
- Assist in providing box office coverage at events outside of box
- Ensure accurate customer records in the ticketing system.
- Coordinate adequate coverage in outlets for on sale dates as
- Demonstrates the ability to provide highest level of customer
service and assure all customer issues are dealt with in an
efficient and professional manner.
- 4 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently when needed, but
still be part of the team.
- Valid PA drivers license
- Experience with a campus ticketing system
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. Physical abilities as are necessary to
transport portable computers, ticket printers, and supplies around
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496875/assistant-manager-campus-box-office