Part-Time TSIA Tester, Huntsville Center
$15.00 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical
correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is a Test
Proctor position within a correctional environment with an all-male
offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and
security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Test proctors are hired in a part-time capacity on an as-needed
basis and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
The TSIA Tester will oversee all TSIA pre-assessment and testing
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pick up testing material in the LCHC office, take it to the
unit and administer the exam, and bring testing material back to
the office for processing.
- Proctor a college entrance exam - Texas Success Initiative
(TSI) - on TDCJ units in the Huntsville area.
- Monitor pre-assessments which are three (3) hours in length and
TSI tests are six (6) hours in length and administered on different
days and at different times.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials,
tests logs, and other test documents.
- Work with the Huntsville Center counseling staff to prepare and
process testing material.
- Administer the exams according to the required guidelines.
- Keep accurate student accounting in compliance with TDCJ and
Lee College requirements.
- Work with offender students in a prison setting.
- Read and become familiar with all LCHC rules and programs and
share with offenders.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule
is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security-sensitive
position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with
Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to pay close attention to details, maintain an
atmosphere appropriate for testing, and be vigilant about the
prevention of cheating.
- Must be able to travel. This position requires travel to the
Huntsville Center, assigned prison units, service area for the
college, and out of town to attend training, conferences, etc.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas
Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings
- Previous experience working in a higher education setting
- Previous experience working with offenders
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location:
Must travel to prison units as
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all
completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6987
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.