*To be considered for an interview, applicants must
apply here: https://txwes.peopleadmin.com/postings/4353 *
Title Clinical Director/ Clinical Faculty Position Number
Job Category Faculty Tenure Status (Faculty Only) Non-Tenure Track
Position Summary Serve as Clinical Director in the Texas Wesleyan
University Community Counseling Center and teach one clinical
practicum course per semester. The candidate must be eligible to
teach in a CACREP Program. Responsibilities include
working with the chair of the Graduate Counseling department and
providing instruction in one Practicum course per semester,
teaching and supervising practicum students off-site and in our
Community Counseling Center on campus. Other responsibilities
include completing data collection and analysis for the Counseling
Center and participating in other activities within the School of
Health Professions and University-wide tasks and activities.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise therapists in training in the Counseling Center and
- Teach one Practicum class per semester.
- Oversight of clinic operations.
- Participate in other activities within the University-wide
tasks and activities.
- Evening and weekend clinical responsibilities.
- Data collection and assessment for program
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Graduate
Education, Certifications and/or Licenses
- Doctoral degree in a counseling-related field, preferably from
a CACREP accredited program.
- Be licensed in the state of Texas as LPC, eligible for
supervisor status within a year.
- Experience providing counseling services with diverse
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor is preferred.
- Experience as a Clinical Director is preferred.
- Experience teaching in a CACREP Program is
- Experience supervising clinicians seeking licensure is
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of daily operations of a counseling
- Proficiency with various counseling models in both direct
client care and supervision.
- Strong clinical background with clients and supervision of
- Ability to professionally represent and promote the profession
at the Community Counseling Center at Texas Wesleyan
- Demonstrated ability and a strong interest in providing quality
education and quality therapy services.
- Ability to comply with rules, standards, regulations, and
policies in regard to student records.
- Ability to adhere to University and departmental
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters while
complying with FERPA regulations.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing
- Ability to be dedicated to the program’s success and individual
students and therapy clients.
- Ability and dedication to be available to students, present
information, and respond to questions from students and clients,
University staff, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems, and or know processes to