Counselor/ Transfer Students Academic
Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
University of California, Santa Barbara
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Utilizes advanced counseling skills gained at the Master's
degree level in counseling or related fields; exhibits culturally
inclusive active listening skills (e.g., appropriately establishing
interpersonal contact, paraphrasing, perception checking,
summarizing, questioning, encouraging, avoid interrupting,
clarifying) and provides counseling services for personal, social
and academic issues, including but not limited to cultural
identity, educational, relationship, family, sexuality and sexual
Collaborates in the successful development, planning, budgeting
and administration of Transfer Services.
Evaluates programs and services to make relevant improvements in
design, policies, procedures and implementation, for current and
• Experience in providing in-depth, wide-ranging and
complex academic advising and holistic services to
• Excellent communication skills, listening, writing, and
• Working knowledge of MS Office products and Google
• Student-focused, demonstrate initiative, and able to manage
• Able to multi-task, troubleshoot problems, and create
resolutions with general supervision.
• Ability to coordinate and present educational programs and and
present educational, academic, social, cultural events/programs and
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with a
diverse group and a variety of cultural backgrounds.
• Experience with social media management on multiple platforms,
updating department website, and Emma application.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Master's degree in counseling or related area or years of
Special Conditions of Employment
• Mandated reporting requirements of Child Abuse
• Mandated reporting requirements of Dependent Adult Abuse
• UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
• Satisfactory conviction history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Pay Rate/Range: $57,000 - $63,975/yr
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-5p, ability to
work occasional evenings and weekends
Benefits Eligibility: Full benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Application Review begins 11/12/21
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 25905