Part-Time Workforce Maintenance Technician
Workforce & Community Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide technical support to the Center for Workforce and Community
Development for training labs, equipment, software, and computers
for non-credit courses and programs. This position can be
fast-paced at times and requires excellent time management,
problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. This position requires
regular interaction with a diverse range of students and business
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Prepare lab equipment for class use - ensure equipment is
operational and classrooms or other training spaces are in
satisfactory, repaired, and stocked with the necessary materials
- Perform functionality tests on tools and equipment as
- Organize, store, file, and maintain software, equipment, and
- Manage inventory of tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and software in Center's workforce
- Perform routine inventory, maintenance, and repairs of Center
tools, equipment, supplies, software, and networks.
- Perform necessary cleaning of items or locations using standard
custodial equipment and/or powered equipment.
- Assist in marketing events by setting up and configuring
equipment, demonstrating equipment, and talking to potential
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment, and
respond according to established protocols to emergency situations.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Adhere to Center standards for customer service.
- Undertake administrative tasks as requested.
- Travel within the Lee College service area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned College benefits do not accrue
with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5
hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Two (2) years of experience as technician or technician helper,
including documented self-employment experience
- Self-starter and the ability to complete assignments within the
- Strong technical skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and
collaboratively with diverse populations, groups, and teams
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to climb ladders of less than twenty (20)
- Must be able to lift and move boxes/items up to forty (40)
- Must be able to travel within the Lee College service area
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and
weekends as needed
- Instrumentation/Electrical certification
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including
E-mail, Internet, Word, and Excel
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all
completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon
employment.) In addition, applicants must include a minimum of
three (3) professional references on the online application. Please
do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the
electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6976
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.