Part-Time Cook, Snack Bar
$12.38 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for opening and closing the grill and
ensuring that all end-of-day cleaning processes are
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling
vegetables, cutting meat, etc.).
- Prepare oven, grill, and utensils for the shift.
- Cook food with various utensils or grillers according to food
health and safety standards.
- Handle multiple food orders at one time.
- Monitor multiple food orders as new orders arrive.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are
- Check each order to ensure it has the correct food and
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check the quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Assist other cooks in preparing food or help other team members
- Organize and stock food items as necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a cook
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (i.e.,
grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read and write in English to perform the basic
duties of the job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and/or push objects or loads
of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and sporting
events as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts
required upon employment.) In addition, applicants must include a
minimum of three (3) professional references on the online
application. Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any
documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7004
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.