Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Alumni Engagement team is
currently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Alumni Career
Engagement to focus on the following primary activities:
Alumni Career Advising
- Advise alumni on a wide range of career issues.
- Develop and facilitate career advancement workshops and
programs, including a strategic focus on scaling efforts to impact
- Engage campus partners such as Career Services to support the
career advancement of alumni.
Counsel, advise, educate and coach alumni on a wide range of career
issues including, but not limited to, job search preparation,
graduate school planning, career development and management, and
career decisions. Review resumes submitted through Handshake.
Develop and present workshops and seminars designed to build career
development skills and career awareness.
Create a solid mentoring program(s) for alumni to mentor fellow
alumni and students. Develop a targeted frequent communication to
students about finding alumni mentors.
Manage and share monthly reports on the analytics of the mentoring
program to show number of mentors’ vs mentees, success rate,
benefits of the program, etc.
Serve as liaison to assigned campus partner, Career Services.
Create collaborative opportunities to support career development.
Utilize existing Career Services platforms such as Handshake,
CareerShift, Interstride, and Big Interview to support alumni
career advancement. Attend and represent alumni engagement at
Career Industry Expos organized by Career Services. Post job or
internship openings from alumni on Handshake with long-term goal of
training alumni to do the job postings on their own.
Maintain records, including advising notes and event attendance,
utilizing Handshake, Advance and the alumni website as appropriate.
Assist with the development and review of departmental best
practices to support alumni professionally. Develop and maintain
dashboard reports including stats of alumni utilizing alumni career
engagement, success rate, mentoring program, other meaningful
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Demonstrated experience in career development, employer
relations and/or talent acquisition Demonstrated experience in a
career-related counseling or advising capacity
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and some relevant
- Career services experience in higher education
- Demonstrated communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and
- Demonstrated ability to deliver career advising for diverse
populations through individual, drop-in, and group appointments;
workshops; and other programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop relationships
with clients as well as faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in work with clients as
well as administrative work
- Demonstrated ability to initiate efforts for collaboration and
delivery of services
- Candidate should be flexible to work evenings and occasional
weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel locally and nationally