Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Social Work Faculty
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
This social work faculty member will teach social work across the
curriculum and across programs with their primary focus on the MSW
curriculum. Courses are taught from a biblical worldview in
compliance with the Council on Social Work Education’s ( CSWE )
Educational Policies and Accreditation Standards. The faculty
member will participate in student advising, curriculum
development, the CSWE accreditation process as well as
professional, university, and scholarly activity.
- Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE -accredited
- Minimum 2 years of post-master’s social work degree practice
- Basic competency with Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Doctoral degree in social work or related field, or J.D.
- Social Work Clinical License
- Experience teaching within the framework of CSWE standards.
- Experience teaching social work from a biblical worldview.
- Experience with learning management systems (i.e., Canvas)
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview.
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).