This is a nine-month tenure-track position at the Assistant or
Associate level in the Department of Management. We seek colleagues
to join our team who are interested in teaching general business
courses, business communication, entrepreneurship, and/or
management science courses.
The successful candidate will show outstanding potential for
teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses through
innovative pedagogical approaches that emphasize the use of data
for decision making. The successful candidate will also show
outstanding potential for research and scholarly activities.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to student
advising, student mentoring and recruitment, curriculum
development, accreditation procedures, program assessment, and
service to the department, college, and university as needed.
The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching
undergraduate level courses, conducting research, student advising,
student mentoring and recruitment, curriculum development,
conducting scholarly activities and all other activities required
for tenure. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
engaging in accreditation procedures, program assessment and
service to the department, College and University as
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments,
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course
materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current
literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in
professional organizations and conferences.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish
findings in professional journals, books, or electronic
- Collaborate with members of the business community to improve
programs, to develop new programs, and to provide student access to
learning opportunities such as internships.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and
- Develop and maintain course websites.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with
institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.