Adjunct - Learning Frameworks
$48.96 per lecture hour and $32.63 per lab
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This adjunct position in the Learning Frameworks Division provides
innovative instruction to first-time-in-college students to develop
metacognition, critical thinking, and self-regulated learning
skills while teaching the psychology of learning, cognition, and
motivation. Faculty in Learning Frameworks work as a team and
regularly meet for professional development and to ensure program
fidelity. Adjuncts will be required to attend professional
development and complete an internal Teaching Online Certification
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed
basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of
each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on
a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants
willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there
are available openings.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Learning Frameworks (student success)
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with
Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in
accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- Actively participate in the assessment of course and program
level student learning outcomes.
- Provide regular communication with students.
- Handle student issues surrounding this course.
- Meet regularly with Learning Frameworks instructors/chair
during semester to discuss successes and concerns with content of
- Regular communication with the Division Chair and/or Division
Secretary is required.
- Attend professional development and complete an internal
Teaching Online Certification course.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer,
online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
- Provide at least one scheduled office hour per week for each
three-credit course in a regular 16-week semester or two scheduled
office hours per week in an 8-week term. Office hours can in
in-person, by telephone, or via Blackboard Collaborate. You must be
available for live conversation during scheduled office hours.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This
is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in
Education, Psychology, or a closely related discipline or a
Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Education,
Psychology, or a closely related discipline
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as
- Must be available to work Summer sessions
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Previous experience teaching Student Success or Learning
Frameworks courses at an institution of higher education
- Previous experience teaching metacognitive skills and
self-regulation to college students
- Able to design assessments and analyze results to measure
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies
of transcripts for all completed college work
transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6919
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.