Part-Time Non-Commissioned Security Officer
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Non-Commissioned Security Officer is responsible for the safety
and security of persons including Lee College employees, students,
guests of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college
property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets
of the college. The Non-Commissioned Security Officer will provide
assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action
appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the
department's authority. This position reports to the Security
Chief, Assistant Chief, and Corporals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol campus grounds and buildings, either by foot or in an
authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to
ensure that they are secured.
- Patrol campus parking areas on a regular schedule, enforce
campus parking regulations, and issue citations.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; respond to
requests for assistance regarding lost or stolen property,
break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Contact emergency personnel (i.e., 9-1-1, Baytown Police
Department, ambulance service, etc.) when necessary.
- Observe, report, and correct any irregular and unusual
conditions and/or safety hazards on campus.
- Investigate and maintain incident reports of all occurrences
and complete daily activity reports.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and
rules of conduct on campus.
- Provide security coverage for college functions as
- Provide crowd control when necessary or assigned.
- Pick up and transport deposits to the bank when
- Provide courteous assistance for faculty, staff, students, and
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed in the course
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by
participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take
action should a health or safety emergency occur.
Additional job duties and responsibilities may include, but not
- Carry out established procedures for opening and locking campus
buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Provide security escort when needed or as assigned.
- Maintain First Aid certifications as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position.
Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours week. This is a
security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and
periodic times during your employment
- Must possess a Level II Non-Commissioned Security certification
and/or license for the State of Texas
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean
- Must have at least one (1) year of previous security, law
enforcement, correctional, or military experience
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday
hours as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally
and in writing
- Must have skill in problem solving and conflict resolution
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
McNair and/or Liberty Campuses
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, Level II Non-Commissioned Security
certification and/or license for the State of Texas, and copies of
transcripts for all completed college work.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6925
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.