The Vice President of Academic Affairs assumes leadership
responsibility for the overall management and direction of all
academic programs, as well as the institutional research and
assessment functions and serves as the Chief Academic Officer for
the University. The VPAA plays a vital role in carrying out
the mission of the University as established by the President and
the Board of Trustees. Academic
- Serves as a partner to the President in establishing academic
goals, strategy and direction.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the effective execution
of all academic programs and services.
- Ensure accreditation requirements are incorporated into ongoing
institutional operations and procedures.
- Provides strategic oversight and approval on all matters
related to institutional or programmatic accreditation.
- Oversees the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data
as it relates to academic matters.
- Ensures institutional assessment analysis is used in a
strategic manner to provoke positive change within the University
and its programs.
- Identify, maintain, and interpret key metrics required to
adequately track effectiveness.
- Ensure distribution of required information to appropriate
constituencies in a timely and accurate basis.
- Participates in the strategic planning efforts of the
- Manages the execution of agreed upon strategic
- Create regular progress reports relating to strategic planning
- Maintains current knowledge with regard to legal and regulatory
requirements of the institution.
- Ensure that required actions are taken in a timely manner to
ensure institutional compliance.
- Responsibly steward assigned budgets in service of University’s
vision and mission.
- Participate at the executive level in the budgeting and
planning process used to establish in University’s budget and
- Provide supervision of assigned staff and/or departments.
- Ensure the effective evaluation of assigned staff and/or
- Plan for and facilitate ongoing development of assigned staff
- Ensure a systematic method of completing assigned projects
within agreed upon time frames.
- Revise, update, and report project modifications to the
- Develop health related academic programs consistent with the
- Identify and secure funding sources for academic programs and
- Perform additional tasks as needed and/or requested.
- Participate in functions and activities that advance the
mission, values and vision of the Institution.
- Earned terminal degree in related field
- 5 years of progressive academic leadership or executive
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Established background of excellence in teaching and
- Understanding of an outcomes-oriented, developmental approach
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 10 years of progressive academic leadership or executive