Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Senior Office Assistant, Institutional Advancement
Provide secretarial and administrative office support to the
Director of Operations and serve as front office receptionist.
1. Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or
persons. Represent the office in face-to-face, phone, and email
interactions with alumni, students, families, faculty, staff, and
vendors. Maintain front office reception area. Sort, open and
distribute individual or department incoming mail and prepare
outgoing mail. Compose and produce correspondence.
2. Process all purchase orders, invoices and expenses, as well as
reconcile expenses, for the office of Institutional Advancement.
Maintain financial files and records for the department.
3. Organize and coordinate office operations and procedures in
order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Coordinate work orders with Physical Plant, Information Technology,
and other campus partners. Coordinate inventory and supply
management for the office.
4. Coordinate day-to-day activities for student workers. Arrange
training, monitor performance, and assign tasks. Coordinate
workflow with other staff leads in the office.
5. Coordinate internal and external calendars; reserve/schedule
meeting rooms and meetings and make arrangements for equipment,
seating, and refreshments, when necessary. Prepare and maintain
records, files, and databases, some of which may be
6. Perform intermediate and advanced computer functions including
managing databases, creating, analyzing, and integrating and
importing linked spreadsheets, creating mail, envelope and table
merges, creating and editing captions, adding graphics, editing
images, footnotes, endnotes, indices, tables of content, creating
master documents and reports using information from several
1. May, with supervision, organize and coordinate special projects
including presentations, education programs and special
2. Perform all others duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- High School education or equivalent
- Two to three years of related experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing and accounts payable processes.
- Working knowledge of word processing and database systems
- Excellent organizational and communications skills also
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize
assignments while juggling multiple tasks .
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * We require all employees to be vaccinated. Are you vaccinated
or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation