Works with the lab coordinator in the skills laboratories in the
Career Programs Building. Collaborates with other nursing/health
science department members in performing duties essential to the
achievement of the department goals for simulation. This individual
provides technical support for all simulation operations including
but not limited to: maintenance and repair of computerized manikins
(software and hardware).
- The Simulation Clinical Lab Assistant reports to the lab
- The position does not provide supervision of other staff.
- The Simulation Clinical Lab Assistant works collaboratively
with the lab coordinator, lab assistant, and the nursing/health
- Understands the use and operation of the various
- Assists nursing faculty in the set-up and implementation of the
skills lab curriculum. This includes the use of a variety of
patient care equipment and supplies, use of computer-based
instruction tools and programs.
- Serves as a simulator operator running pre-programed
simulations with faculty instructors.
- Provides technical assistance, support, and training to
faculty, instructors, and staff in use of simulation equipment as
- Ensures the availability of properly functioning equipment and
supplies; checking and maintaining safety equipment.
- Maintains a record of repairs required and date completed.
- Assists faculty to set up supplies and equipment for each
- Assists faculty with the development of new skills and
simulations to meet course objectives. Participates in technical
training as necessary.
- Assesses laboratory space to ensure compliance with OSHA
regulations and other regulatory agencies. Oversees the collection
and disposal of waste materials.
- Assesses all equipment to ensure proper maintenance and
function in relation to manufacturer Conducts ongoing maintenance
of all simulation equipment assuring that all equipment is in good
working order at all times. Makes repairs as needed under the
direction of the equipment manufacturer.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and Provides recommendations
for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies, and
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains warranties and renews when necessary.
- Assists lab coordinator in scheduling the use of the labs and
- Performs general cleaning as needed in the Nursing Simulation
- Assists with special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have an Associate Degree or higher in nursing, allied
health programs or IT/Technology (RN, EMT, Paramedic, IT or
technology background preferred). Must have knowledge of diagnostic
and patient care supplies, terminology and equipment. Must have
ability to work with a variety of clinical simulation software.
Must have experience in computer applications such as Microsoft
Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent organizational skills. Knowledge of diagnostic and
patient care supplies and equipment. Ability to learn and work with
a variety of clinical simulation software. Experience in computer
applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ability
to establish good working relationships with staff and students.
Able to organize and prioritize work, make decisions independently,
and attend to details.
For more information on this position and to formally submit a
job application, please visit the HCC jobs website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?CareersSearch.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at
240-500-2585 or email email@example.com.