Please attach a Cover Letter and Resume' during the application
The Counselor offers services to students in the areas of academic
and emotional development to assist them in meeting their academic
and professional goals. Key components of the position include
identifying and addressing key challenges, providing counseling,
and making referrals as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couple, and group counseling for students
(in person and/or virtually, via telepsychology).
- Offer virtual and in-person presentations as well as other
outreach services, as needed (e.g. new student orientation,
workshops on test anxiety, time management, relationships, coping
- Participate in crisis response during a student mental health
- Maintain professional licensure by completing continuing
education and all other requirements.
- Collaborate with Learning Enhancement team and other
departments across campus to provide student support and
- Represent Counseling Services department and KCU favorably, in
accordance with established core values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals
and objectives of the organization.
- Contribute writing for informational and educational outreach
(e.g., emails, Canvas/website content) to students on psychological
and wellbeing topics.
- Complete other administrative tasks (e.g., report-writing,
maintaining Titanium calendar, progress notes).
- Assist in developing department goals and objectives.
- When appropriate, consult with faculty and staff regarding
students’ mental health needs. Participate in interdisciplinary
support committee meetings for at-risk students.
- Attend regular team meetings and other required University
- Master’s degree required. Doctorate preferred. Degree must be
from an accredited University, in the field of mental health
- Missouri license to provide mental health services
- Preference of 3 – 5 years’ experience counseling undergraduate
or graduate level students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report lists campus
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at