Office Assistant, Lakeshore Campus
Internal Position Title
College of Lake County is seeking a Part time Office Assistant to
help support various student services at our Lakeshore Campus!! Did
you know our Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn
Vacation and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and
Tuition Reimbursement for advanced degrees?
employees are eligible to participate in the State University
Retirement System ( SURS )
This exciting opportunity will be primarily focused on assisting
with various student services functions including admissions and
registration, cashier payments, and maintaining weekly schedules
and room requests. The Office Assistant will also assist in the
planning and implementation of extra-curricular programming, will
provide instructional support, data for reports, and aid in special
events! This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a professional
environment while earning your Tuition Waiver or Tuition
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System (
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. General office experience.
3. Strong Microsoft Word experience.
4. Microsoft Excel proficiency.
5. Must pass a credit check.
1. Evidence of good writing skills and organizational skills.
2. Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
3. The ability to work effectively in a team setting.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time, afternoon position at the Lakeshore
Total Hours per week
Monday through Thursday, 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday, 11:30
a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student /Customer Service/ Facilities Request 60%
1. Provides assistance with student services functions including
Admissions, Registration, Academic Success Advisors using Navigate
case management system, Financial Aid, and the Cashier
2.Handles incoming requests with internal and external
stakeholders. such as faculty, staff and community organizations
and facilities requests
3. Assists with student activities events including programing
planning and implementation,.
4.Provides support for special events and meetings taking place at
5..Assist with duties that include both walk-in and telephone calls
that refer to questions about college classes, programs, support
Data entry/records/Classroom, Computer lab and Class schedule
6. Provide back up assistance with the campus semester class
7. Assists with daily classroom and computer lab requests.
8. Drafts, prepares brochures, and maintains databases and
9. Provide instructional and office support for faculty teaching at
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have previous general office experience?
- * Do you have the ability to pass a credit check?
- * Are you proficient in Word and Excel?
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter