Position Overview: The Niswander
Department of Biology at Manchester University invites applicants
for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of
Assistant Professor in Biology.
The faculty member will provide instruction for undergraduate
courses in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Immunology, and
Microbiology for Health Sciences as well as introductory courses in
Biology for majors and non-majors. Applicants should have the
ability and willingness to mentor undergraduate students in
research. Special consideration will be given to applicants whose
research focuses on human or environmental health.
For a full list of job responsibilities, please visit
Employment Opportunities website.
- ABD or PhD required with training in Human Anatomy and/or Human
- Knowledge and experience sufficient to enable the candidate to
effectively teach courses as assigned in Human Anatomy, Human
Physiology, Immunology, Microbiology for Health Sciences as well as
introductory courses in Biology for majors and non-majors.
- Willingness to mentor undergraduate students in research.
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to deliver course content and to assist students in
understanding course content
- Ability to evaluate student writing and to provide effective
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Ability to adapt to changing teaching and learning environments
and content-delivery methods
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, in the best
interests of the students
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and
respond to students’ legitimate needs in a timely manner
- Ability and willingness to work with students of all skill
levels and academic backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to perform clerical work for oneself,
- Basic leadership, budgetary and supervisory skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail
and internet use
- Use of biological laboratory and field equipment
To Apply: We seek a candidate with a
commitment to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff
from diverse backgrounds. Review of applications will begin
on November 1 and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply online via ADP and submit a cover letter, curriculum
vita/resume, teaching philosophy and evidence of effective
teaching. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Manchester University is an
equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who further
diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.