Under the joint supervision of the Dean of Students at University
of Bridgeport and Assistant Dean of Students at Goodwin University,
the University Case Manager provides individual support, assesses
student needs, and coordinates referrals to internal and external
resources for both Goodwin University and University of Bridgeport.
This position will be located on both campuses in Bridgeport &
East Hartford. This position is a 2-year grant-funded
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Serve as a case manager/intake person for students in crisis
and students experiencing chronic or emerging situations that may
compromise the student’s ability to be successful.
- Implement non-clinical interventions to provide care, support
and resources for students who have challenges with health,
wellness, academics, behavior, safety or their general welfare, or
otherwise may be at risk.
- Monitor and document student progress and adherence to the
established individualized care plans.
- Maintain a system of follow up for students referred to campus
or community resources, including providing services to encourage
compliance with recommendations and care plans.
- Actively collaborate with both Student Affairs teams to
coordinate services and supports to ensure the persistence and
retention of all enrolled students.
- Collaborate with all essential external resources to ensure
student success and persistence.
- Work with campus faculty and staff to support students who may
identify as needing additional resources.
- Coordinate and administer the laptop loaner and emergency funds
- Support students with scholarship applications, and meet with
student recipients to monitor progress in continued enrollment
until degree completion.
- Continuously research and identify internal and external
resources that support college student persistence and
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate clearly, both
verbally and in writing. Experience in planning and presenting
- Must have the ability to professionally interact with and
respond to staff, faculty, students, community partners and
- Ability to work with information that is highly sensitive and
confidential in nature.
- The ability to problem solve and respond to complex, urgent
situations in a timely manner while exercising sound judgment,
discretion and diplomacy.
Education, Training and Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Masters
- 1-3 years’ experience working with diverse and/or
underrepresented populations required.
Physical and Mental Requirements :
1/3 to 2/3
- Valid CT License & Insured Vehicle
Outdoor Weather Conditions
Work with fumes or airborne particles
Work near moving mechanical parts
Risk of electrical shock
1/3 to 2/3
Talking & Hearing
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel
Climbing or balancing
Bending, pulling, pushing
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 75 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
Over 100 pounds
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
X Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
___ No special vision requirements
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job