This position is responsible for the supervision and oversight of
the Goodwin University grounds and fleet maintenance operation,
contracted services and department personnel.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Supervises work for the ground maintenance and upkeep for all
- Supervises the maintenance of all Goodwin vehicles, vessels and
small engine equipment.
- Responsible for the research and purchase of new/upgraded
equipment and other department related products, as needed.
- Responsible for the research and implementation of the latest
Grounds Keeping and Fleet Maintenance practices.
- Performs routine inspections of all properties to maintain
- Develops and manages the annual budget for Grounds and Fleet
- Maintains the appropriate records and documentation for all
Goodwin University fleet vehicles and vessels.
- Responsible for the review and implementation of contacted
- Participates in annual personnel performance evaluations.
- Conducts regular safety discussions and updates to all
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and ensures all work safety
practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff and school staff as needed to
promote a team effort.
- Basic knowledge of property management, small engines and
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and component programs (Work,
- Supervisory and management skills.
- Project management skills
- Mechanical skills
Minimum Required Qualifications :
Education, Training and Experience :
- Demonstrates a commitment to fostering and maintaining a
diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
Special Requirements :
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of experience in grounds and vehicle
- Supervisory experience preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements :
1/3 to 2/3
- Valid CT Driver’s license and insured vehicle.
Outdoor Weather Conditions
Work with fumes or airborne particles
Work near moving mechanical parts
Risk of electrical shock
1/3 to 2/3
Talking & Hearing
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel
Climbing or balancing
Bending, pulling, pushing
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 75 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
Over 100 pounds
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
X Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
___ No special vision requirements
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job